As a way to show the Monte Vista teachers and staff how much we appreciate all their hard work, the PTA organizes a luncheon every month. Each of the classrooms is assigned to sponsor one potluck-style luncheon during the school year. Judging from the positive comments we've heard about how much they enjoy the luncheon, and the amount of food that quickly disappears, I think it's safe to say that the teachers and staff really enjoy this monthly event.
Location: Staff Lounge @ 11am
Planning - There are approximately 70 teachers and staff so we need each class to bring about:
- 3 to 4 Salads
- 3 to 4 Sides
- 3 to 4 Entrees
- 3 to 4 Desserts
- PTA will provide the plates, cups, napkins etc., unless you want to do a theme, which is always welcome!
- On the sign up web site, you don't have to indicate your name, just what you will be bringing.
- Important: Some of our teachers are vegetarian and allergic to cheese products. Around 20-25% fall into this category.
Day of the Lunch:
- Food can be dropped off in the Teachers’ lounge the morning of the luncheon, no later than 10:30am please!
- It is preferred that disposable containers are used.
- If parents in your classes want to bring items in their own dishes, please ask them to make sure it is marked with their name so that they can pick it up in the teachers’ lounge that afternoon.
- If a dish requires a serving spoon/utensil, please bring it (and label it).
Any questions? Please contact Heidi Pitts (email@example.com)